Can tooth infection cause numbness and pain on the hands and legs ?

Hello Doctor, Thanks in advance for your kindly help. Dr, I had an OPG sterday and the doctor said that my wisdom tooth has been infected on both sides and left side the infection is more., and wants me to remove the wisdom tooth...I am going to get removed it this weekend. Now my doubt is, my left hand and left leg feel very numb (I do have chills and sweats on my left side) and i do have pain in my left hand... Please any one let me know whether tooth infection can cause numbness and pain in the hand... Thanks and regards,
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012