Can simple cystic hyperplasia of the endometrium be cured with weight loss or is hysterectomy required?

Does simple cystic hyperplasia of the endometrium get cured with weight loss or should one have a hysterectomy?I am post menopausal and 50 years old.I started menopause around June 2011.had mild spotting in April 2012 and a period type spotting end of nov 2012.on 27 th nov I had a pelvic ultrasound. IMPRESSION: Uterus showing thickened endometrium.No other soon logical abnormality detected in pelvis.UTERUS is normal in size. It shows homogenous echo texture. Endometrial echo is thickened & measures 1.3 cm in width.OVARIES:Right ovary measures 2.7. By 1.2 cm Left ovary measures3.4cm by 2.0cm Both are normal in size outline and echo texture and follicular pattern. No adnexal mass seen.There is no free fluid in pouch of Douglas. I had a D&C done 5 days ago.Histopathology/Cytopathology Clinical impression: PMB Diagnosis:CERVIX;benign endocervical polyp. ENDOMETRIUM;simple cystic hyperplasia Microscopy; Endometrium shows no secretory hyper plastic glands embedded in a cellular stroma with some glands exhibiting mild to moderate cystic Dilation.There is focal glandular crowding besides papillary Infolding But no Atypia Cx Bx shows small endocervical polys with foci of squamous metaplasia .There is no evidence of any malignant pathology in the sections studied. Nature of specimens studied:endometrial currettings and Cx Bx My doctor recommended complete hysterectomy.A second opinion sugested waiting 3 months and going in for a pelvic ultrasound.In case that shows endometrial thickening a Hysterectomy could be considered. I was prescribed tablet Taxim twice a day for 5 days.Trevena MF thrice a day for 3 days and iron for 1 month. Should I go for hysterectomy?Will weight loss cure this(I weigh 116kg and my height is 5 ft 6 inches)I am taking thyronorm 125 daily for hypothyroidism and minidress xl plus Telmisaten+Hydrochlorothiazide tablets Micadis Plus 80 +12.5 mg for hypertension. What should I do???
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  113 Awaiting Answer