Can one get pregnant without actual ejaculation?

My fren says she had foreplay wid her bf....and his bf rubbed penis over vagina for sometime bt he ejaculated on her tummy...she is a bit tensed for getting pregnant...can u guide me what steps she should take now...she even said she wants to atake an ipill but is also worrying that if she would not b pregnant will it harm her body in any oder ways....??
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Jun 2015
Hello Nidhi,

To be pregnant, 2 criteria should be fulfilled:

1. Fusion of sperm with ovum to form a fertilized ovum.

2. Implantation of the fertilized ovum in the Uterus.

So, the involvement of sperm is needed.

The pre cum (pre ejaculatory fluid) also has low levels of sperm.

So, even if this pre ejaculatory fluid (pre cum) enters into the genital tract, the sperms present in it can fertilize the ovum.

Hence, resulting in pregnancy.

The contraceptive methods available that can prevent pregnancy are the emergency pills(like ipill) which provide protection only if taken within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse.

However, as these pills contain high dose of hormones, they interfere with the regular cycles & cause delay in the subsequent cycle.

There is no need to worry, your friend can wait till she gets her periods.

If they are delayed, a Pregnancy test can be done to confirm it.

In case of pregnancy, it will give a positive result within one week.

Wishing you a Good Health.

Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks & take care.