Can omeprazole be taken with ibuprofen at the same time? Have prophylaxis for NSAID related gastric ulcer

Hi, can omeprazole be taken with ibuprofen at the same time as a prophylaxis for NSAID-related gastric ulcer? or should omeprazole be taken before meal once a day and ibuprofen when pain occurs? This is regarding a patient with cancer who has taken ibuprofen exessively and now is experiencing irritated stomach, however, I am not sure about the extent of the irritation and whether any bleeding exists or not. Another question is could this 60 year old patient take ibuprofen at all and if so, can she take it with omeprazole to protect her stomach and if yes, what is the direction on how to take these two medications together? Thank you for your help.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013