Can mutton be included in a diabetic diet ?

can diabetes eat mutton
Asked On : Sun, 12 Jun 2011
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic

Mutton, is a red meat which is high in saturated fat and will tend to increase the sugar levels in a diabetic patient.Generally foods which are high in fat and sugars are avoided in the diet for diabetic, as it will result in other complications by increasing sugar levels in the blood.
Instead of mutton, chicken (without skin) or fish can be taken which are relatively low in fat and calories.
General & Family Physician Dr. Rajeshkant Saihgal's  Response
yes,but taking care about quantity for the total calorie requirement according to one's own body weight
General & Family Physician Dr. Wiquar Ahmed's  Response
hi welcome to healthcare magic
the patients with diabetes have a risk of having high lipids or cholesterol and as in mutton the cholesterol is more the risk of having heart disease is more ,so it is better to avoid it but once in two months or so is of no problem .Get your lipid profiles done in fasting .you can take chicken without skin and fish .
take care thank you