Can medication be stopped once BP is normal?

Can medication be stopped once Bp is normal?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009
hello... in majority of cases the antihypertensive medicines are not stopped completely.. because blood pressure is dynamic entity... is not stable for 24 hours... and could fluctuate due to many factors. so even if BP is normal... routine monitoring of BP with proper dietary restriction & exercise is necessary in every patient... alongwith minimum doses of antihypertensives... but there is no any uniform rule... it depends on individual patient profile....
take care.
It has been done, yes, but a certain weight and diet must be maintained or you could experience rebound. Your doctor will have to monitor this very closely. My doc told me I could eventually go off my BP meds, but that I would have to keep my salt intake very low and lose some more weight...
hi welcome to hcm.see after the permission of physician u stop the bp medicine unless and otherwise not .if he allow then do weekly check up of ur bp.