Can compressed vertebra due to sciatic nerve pain be cured ?

can compressed vertibra cause of sciatic nerve pain plz answer me i m 32yrs old male and its shows on normal x-ray ? i m searching many websites majority of ppl says it is not curable i want ur answer it is true or not plz i m waitting
Asked On : Wed, 29 Jun 2011

If you have sciatic pain then you need to have MRI scal to see if this vertebral collapse has caused and nerve root compression.
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Saif, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Your History suggests you have Sciatica. It occurs, due to the compression of sciatic nerve as a result of Herniated Disc in the Lumbar Spine. The other causes could be, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc disease, Piriformis Muscle spasm due to Prolonged sitting or car accidents, Piriformis muscle starts at your lower spine and connects to each thighbone on both sides, trauma, Spinal cord injury or tumor. Kindly get yourself examined by a Orthopedist, so that he can examine you and Suggest a MRI Scan to rule out the exact cause.
There are various treatment options, like physiotherapy, Prescription Medications, steroid injections and surgery. Apply heat pads and cold packs regularly, and do some stretching exercises.
Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Wish you Good Health.