Can any online doctor explain my CT Scan report ?

SIR, MY AGE IS 65 YEARS/ TODAY MORNING WHEN I WOKE UP, FOUND NUMBNESS IN LEFT HAND, HAD CT SCAN DONE, THE CONCLUSION REPORT OF CT SCAN ARE... Clinical note-acute onset weakness & numbness-Lt hand difficulty in holding objects,OA both knees no difficulty in speech/LL found to have HT -BP - 180/100 by General practisenor now Bp - 170/90 - 100 , RBS -112 C T - SOS.( by MD-phy ) -----Age related changes of cerebral cortical atrophy . -----Old infarct noted in left posterior parietal lobe. ----No evidence of acute intracranial haemorrhage.
Asked On : Fri, 24 Jun 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic forum
nothing to worry ,there is no new changes.your problem can be due to the old parietal infarct(blood clot).any way if symptoms worse then take an mri and consult a neurologist
Cardiologist, Interventional Dr. Raja Sekhar Varma's  Response
You have hypertension and your BP needs to be controlled. Your sugar levels are normal. CT brain shows only mild, old changes. The numbness in left hand can also be due to cervical spondylosis with neuropathy. MRI of the neck, done in consultation with your neurologist might help to pinpoint the problem.
You also need to get a fasting lipid profile done as also renal function tests. You need to be on anti-platelet drugs (in view of BP and old infarct in brain) and anti-hypertensive medicines, and statins (after lipid profile)