Can I walk erect with some belts or foot braces ?

hello i am 21 my gait is very poor it appears that i am very lazy person my neck remains bent and right foot also it appears that i am lame friends laugh at me my spine is slightly curved can it be improved can i walk erect??????? are there any belts or foot braces which can help me to improve
Asked On : Sat, 16 Apr 2011
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
i saw your question . its very simple take one Xray for your spine report will tell what and where spinal curve changes in angle , at this age because of muscular imbalance your posture will change if u do some exercises you can correct your posture

dont use braces, lumbar belts and other stuff these will worse your problem all these external supports will make muscles weak so try to avoid and if you tell X ray report i can guide you for perfect treatment .

my mail id

Genetics Specialist Dr. Kuldeep Singh's  Response
There can be many causes for gait problem you have described. It can be congenital (from birth), it can be due to bad postures you may have adopted, it can be due to vertebral problem. But most important is detail evaluation and a thorough examination by either Orthopedic surgeon or Neurologist. This will definitely be helpful in correction and progression of problem. I hope it will help.
Dr Kuldeep Singh

welcome to healthcaremagic
Normally gait reflects the certain disease condition or due some other reasons. you had this habit without disease and its your habit. there is nothing to worry but you can change your habit some physical exercise . The posture of your activity, you can do running, cycling, skipping even Yoga which may help you.