Can I use calamine lotion on a two months old baby skin?

Asked On : Sat, 24 Apr 2010
No. why you want to use it? if potential risks out weighs the benefits then you can go ahead. I find no reason why you should apply it.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,Awilda,
Thanks for query,
There is no harm using calamine lotion in newborn child if it is advised by doctor.
But why you want to use this lotion ?
There are quite good baby lotions are available in the market containing skin protection barrier and vit E.
Ok and bye.
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Why do you want to use calamine lotion on the newborn.. I would suggest you to use these products only if it is absoluletely necessary and only if suggested by a pediatrician...

my baby has been confirmed as having chicken pox by a doctor today, can i put calamine lotion on her scalp where they are most sore looking?

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.