Can I use betnovate 0.1% cream for acne on the face ?

Hi, What are betnovate 0.1% cream used for? Can I use it on my face? My face is dry, itchy and red and it s peeling. can it be used for agne?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Oct 2011
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Betnovate cream is a steroid preparation and it's use on face should be avoided as it is a high penetration area and adverse effects can easily be developed.For your face you should use a good moisturizing cream.Betnovate is not used for ACNE.Thanks and good luck.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query,Betnovate contains steroid in it,so it must not be used without your doctors advise.This is not the medicine for acne.Take good diet,rich in fruits and salads.Visit any nearby skin specialist and take proper treatment for this.Maintain good face hygiene and you will be fine.
wishing you good health,regards