Can I use Kojic acid soap for my 3 years old baby ?

hi doctor can we use kojic acid soap for my 3 yrs baby? is it good or bad currently i am using cetaphil soap for her please suggest me
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jul 2011
Thanks for query,
Kojic soap should not be used for children.
It gives hypersensitivity,allergic contact dermatitis,dry skin.
As it is applied on whole body there is chances of absorption in the blood giving systemic problem.
ok and bye.
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
kojic acid is depigmentary agent and use mainly to treat pigmentation related problem
it is not advisable to use in baby skin as it do not match with baby skin ph and texture .
it may cause allergic reaction and make skin worse
so better to not use it
cetaphil is excellent bar and no one is doubt about its effect
it is specially design for sensitive skin so it can be use in baby skin safely
do not change soap frequently .