Can Bendrofluazide cause impotency ?

Hi there, I wanted to know does the medication Bendrofluazide used for hypertension , cause erectile dysfunctioning/impotence?If so, how??
Asked On : Thu, 16 Jun 2011
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
Sexual excitement causes blood to flood into the penis, filling spongy spaces called the corpora cavernosa. The increased blood pressure in the penis causes an erection and temporarily traps the blood to sustain it. Any factor that compromises blood flow to the penis will cause erectile dysfunction
so medications like thiazides(bendrofluazide) can cause ED
take care
Pediatrician Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee's  Response
Thiazide diuretcs can cause erectile disfunction up to 3% to 30%. The exact mechanism is unclear, but it is thought this drug yeild a direct effect in vacular smooth muscle cells in penis eg Corpora Cavernosum also decreases smooth muscle cells to response to chemicals (Catecholamines) acting for erection. The condition respons well with Sildenafil (Vigra)
most of the hypertentive drugs causes veso dilation but natural it will cause erectile dysfunction after prolonged use.try ayurvedic drugs for hypertension.