CT scan showed shadow on head. Had migraines. Was on narcotics. What is the abnormality?

my wife had a dark spot also called a shadow on a head CT scan 6 weeks post TIA at 29 years old. She has had 1 to 2 migraines her entire life until the TIA (last medically treated was 2009), now its at least 3 to 5 a week. This one has lasted over 3 days. We finally went to the ER TWICE today, one Dr said he didn t know what to do and the other walked in and said we don t treat migraines with narcotics okay, great can you please help my wife. She ordered a CT scan after the Torodal and Ativan did nothing. The CT showed an ambormality she called a dark spot and a shadow. She ordered an MRI , my wife was in so much pain that she couldn t stop shaking during the entire test - her head included. They had to call in a kid younger than US to do the MRI so my question is this, did the MRI rule out whatever showed on the CT or did her total inability to keep her head still (and the late hour) provide false results. They sent her home with some Zofran, she hasn t been able to keep anything down in well, almost 4 days. Do we trust the MRI results or should I take her back in?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012