CT scan showed appearances of suggestive transitional cell carcinoma. Meaning and treatment?

hello doctor, my husband is 33yrs of age,is underwent a ct-scan yesterday it suggested Gross right sided hydroutrteronephrosis with significant cortical thinning secondary to two well defined mass lesion within the mid and distal ureter . The appearances are highly suggestive of a transitional cell carcinoma .,please let me know is the problem serious and what is treatment?and why the report is telling about TCC?
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012