Burning while urination, anal base itching post TURP. Is the normal post-op recovery stuff?

Had a TURP 4 days ago. Released 3 days ago. Catheter coming out was very painful. It seems that my urine flow is improving, however, there is a burning (not intolerable) sensation on urination . Also, the base of my anus seems to be itching. Is this normal post-op recovery stuff? I have been a big sufferer with BPH. No meds helped, so urologist suggested the TURP. Pre- TURP, I was having to get up 5-8 times per night (nocturia). Already, I think my sleep has improved (only got up twice last night), so that s a positive. But concerned about the burning and itching. Comments?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013