Burning, shooting pain on the back of the skull while lying, feeling of pulled nerve in skull, no medical problems. Cause?

Hi, this morning I got a very sharp burning shooting pain in the back of my skull . It lasted only a split second. I was lying in bef and I turned very sharply to ly the other way and thats when it happened. Its was as if I twisted my head too fast and it pulled a nerve in my brain/skull? Its completely fine now. I m a healthy 28 yr old male with no medical problems. Any advice would be great. Many thanks
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jun 2012
Hi,Thanks for query,
It seems that while turning your head very suddenly,your neck muscles might got stretched and went into the spasm created this problem.
As now you are alright,nothing to worry.
You can apply some analgesic cream and do hot fomentation.
For few days move your head slowly and gently.
Ok and bye.
  Anonymous's Response
Hello dear your pain might be due to twisting of the head but if such type of pain occur again in few months or year or it happened in the past than you should investigate it properly and consult your neurologist for the cause of pain... Take care