Burning hole in stomach, no acidity, taken spicy diet

I love spicy food so when Im in mexico I will eat a lot of it. However it never fails that on day 5 of my trip it feels like a hole has been burnt in the top of my stomach and anything I eat or drink goes right through me. Its very painful and I need to find a cure that doesn t include being stuck eating bland food. I don t suffer from Acid reflex. Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Sat, 31 Mar 2012
your history clearly suggests that you have peptic ulcer disease. the moment you start on spicy food, the ulcer is irritated and sends pain signals to you.
you need an upper GI endoscopy to rule out any erosions or ulcers in either stomach or deodenum.
if you do not wish to consult, you may try OTC drugs like omeprazole 20 mg early in the morning for 3-4 weeks, which should help you.
Meanwhile, avoid all hot, spicy food and alcohol (I don't call it bland at least for 3 weeks). if you do neither diet restriction nor drug, you will land up in some complication like perforation which will require emergency surgery.
Hope i am clear.