Burn on inside of the ankle, black and blue bruise with pink outer edge. Is it infected?

How do I treat a burn from a motorcycle exhaust pipe? I got a burn on the inside of my ankle about 1 inch. This happened about 36 hours ago. I poured mineral water immediately after the burnt. It s just black and blue like a bruise . The outer edge is all purple/pink. It still burns and throbs now if I put pressure on my foot or try flex my foot which stretches the skin. Is this a 3rd or 2nd degree burn? Does this sound like it is infected? Should I be treating it another way? Do I need to go to the doctor?? Any advice would be great! Thanks...
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
hello tajvwar,
use antibiotics so that this burn dry and prevent it from getting infected by applying antibiotic ointment but not dressing, minimum 6-7 days it will take to heal.