Bumps on chin after shaving, dry skin, open cracks, swelling, rash. Prescribed hydrocortisone cream. Treatment to prevent rash, swelling and throbbing?

I had several bumps on my chin after shaving that got worse. Started using a type of shave bump treament and it help a little. After a few day my chin started drying out and I started getting open cracks on my chin with swelling and a rash . Went to my doctor, he said it was possibly a form of Pseudofolliculitis barbae . Im a black adult male 47, and I have never experienced this before. My doctor prescribed hydrocortisone cream 2.5%. it help with the swelling a little. Currntly using the cream, wright now the rash seem to be spreading closer to my mouth area and with even more swelling and now throbbing. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012