Bumps on arm that itch. Is it a food allergy? Take prednisone?

Hi,My husband is 28yrs old.. He started with itching on his forearm & top of hand about a week ago and then followed tiny bumps you couldn t see unless you really looked closely..Shortly after his chest,arms,legs,tops of feet,and hands were covered in what looks like a rash of some sort.. His hands are the worst.. He has tiny bumps that are filled with clear fluid and come in groups or single spots.. He says they do not hurt just feels really gross.. I have had scabies before and they look NOTHING like that.. We went to the ER today and the doctor told him it looks like a food allergy and prescribed him prednisone and atarex .. I m not sure he is happy with the diagnosis so I am trying to get a second opinion
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012