Bumped head, light pressure, minor bump. How long it continues?

About a week and a half ago, I bumped my head on the corner of a shelf trying to maneuver around a machine. There are times where I feel a light pressure, on the spot where I hit my head. It feels as if something is there. There may be a minor bump, on my head there, but not entirely sure. If it is just a bump occurrence, how long should I expect this to continue?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Tissues swelling without blood collection (bruise) should go away in a week or so. However if there is any blood collection, it can heal even few weeks. If the trauma was strong enough, broken bone is also possible. In such case, healing can take a month or longer.
You should know that even minor head trauma can cause serious complication including subdural bleeding. That is why I suggest you to visit your doctor and consider head CT.

Hope this will help.
Regards.