Bump on tongue that popped with odorless liquid. Why has it returned?

I have a bump the size of a peanut on the bottom left side of my tongue . I noticed it a couple weeks ago and just figured it would go away. Well the other day it popped and a clear tasteless odorless sticky liquid came out of my tongue. The bump went away a day or so but it s back now and it won t pop, it s hard and very painful.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
probably you are having either rannula or submandibular siloadenitis with or without sialothiasis, confirm it you should go for ultra sonography of your submandibular region.