Bump on the forehead post a bang, no headache. Treatment required?

Hi Dr. Grief, my son is 5 yrs. Old and he collided with another child at school today. The bump is on his forehead at the hair line. Its about the size of a 50 cent piece, starting to brides a little, and squishy. He has been playing all day and not complaining of any headache if acting weird. Should I take him in to hospital to get checked? Thank you, Liz in CA
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012

thanks for writing

one should be more worried after a head injury if there is any loss of consciousneess or seizures or bleeding from ear nose etc

if there are no such symptoms its not a cause of worry

since your child is not having any such problem.......................just simple observation should suffice

hope the answer helps you

take care