Bump on shoulder muscle. Getting larger and hurts. How to remove it?

I have a lump, or should I say more of a bump, which I thought was a knot in my muscle that needed to be kneeded.... from stress I assumed. But over the last month it seems to be larger and it hurts. I asked a friend to kind of maybe massage it and kneed it ...but she need to go see a doctor...It is located on my right shoulder ...right in the middle. Probably about an inch in diameter. Isn t that just all muscle right there??? it is the skin above my clavicle .
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012