Bump on outer left thigh, red ring around bump. Immediate medical attention required?

My son has a bump on his outer left thigh for probably 2 weeks now. Just this morning it was a red ring around that bump. He is 18mths, he s not in daycare & hasn t been to the playground in a fee weeks.. But when he did he had on log pants. My doctor can t see him til Monday, but I would like to know if its something that can wait that long to get checked out?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Hi there,
Welcome to HCM.
Bump on the thigh could be insect bite or just a simple boil. If it is very red and inflamed and with an ooze, then definitely it is infected. I suggest application of an antibacterial cream on the bump and get it examined by his doctor. Thanks.