Bump on foot, ball shaped, hurts badly. What is cause and cure?

Hello, i have a bump on the bottom of my foot, its like a round little ball its hard and it hurts very bad i can't walk on it i have to walk like tiping my foot sideways... i think i got that bump by the sanddles i would always wear sandles i don't know if it may be because of that! i was wondering what i could put on it...
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013

Thank you for the query.

Such lump is most likely a callus. It is nothing more than thick area of the skin which has appeared due to long, constant pressure in this area. It is some kind of protective reaction.

As you have noticed correctly, it is most likely caused by your shoes. So the best way to get rid of it will be changing shoes to more comfortable and apply in the area of this lump soft shoe insert.

You should also visit general surgeon and consider surgical removal of this lump. However you need to know that any incision in this area is healing hardly.

Hope this will help.