Bump formation on forehead, near the nose bone. Used ice pack. What would be an accurate treatment?

Hi my 33months old boy fell on his face facing down towards the step edge with a hard wood finish immediately i see a large goose egg on his forehead that's between the eyebrows and the nose bone. Just keep e on putting ice pack every 30 minutes for the past 24hrs now. How my question is, is there any cream for the swelling to go away because he doesn't allow us to put the ice pack when he is awake.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Hello
Thanks for writing to HCM

Your son had blunt trauma, so Non contrast CT Scan should be done to rule out any bony fracture, hemorrhage ,hematoma etc.
If it is only hematoma then it will subside after some days.
You can apply heparin gel over it.
If any problem you should consult neurologist.

Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan