Bug bite, itchy, red ring with white centre

it started with a bug bite that itched and I continued to scratch to the point were it has a white center with a red ring. I am they only one in my family to have this. The more I scratch it the bigger and more painful ir gets. If I stop scratching it, it will go away in time. What is it and how can I get it to stop. The first time I got this I was pregnant I am not pregnant now
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012
Thanks for writing in.

You should not scratch any bug bite. It is possible that your bug bite is getting infected by scratching. This can cause abscess formation which gets tender and inflamed. You must apply neosporin ointment and it will heal. Do not remove any scab formed. If its too painful, you must take pain killers and oral antibiotics. Inflammation will take up to a week to come down.

Hope this helps