Bruising in middle finger, no injury, prickling sensation in finger. Causes for symptoms?

Hi wot does it mean if my middle finger is bruised but I have not hurt it or jammed it in anything? About two weeks ago I felt a prickly sensation in my finger and shortly thereafter my finger came up in a bruise which eventually went away after a week or so. Yesterday I got the same thing again in the middle finger but on a different hand . Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
These are symptoms of infection of tip of finger and nail called as pasronychia.It is bacterail infection.I would suggest you to consult a physician who may examine your finger.Your finger infection may need antisptic dressing and antibiotic
Hope this answers your question