Bruises on the thighs without any injury. Have sore throat. Family history of melanoma and colon cancer. Need immediate care?

Hi! I just changed into my pajamas and noticed that I have many (somewhere around 15) small bruises on the insides and backs of my thighs. In the past few days, I have done nothing that might cause these. It s happened a few times in the past, but not often. A few days ago, I started having a sore throat and I was wondering if there could be any corrolation. I cannot remember if the last time this happened was during a time at which I had a sore throat. So far, no unexplained bruising has occured on my stomach, back, chest , etc and very rarely on my arms (though I assume that it s only unexplained because I don t remember hitting something). However, the bruises which have just appeared are not in any place I would bump into. I m a 21 year old otherwise healthy female. The only concering aspect of my medical history is that my mother, my half-sister, and my grandfather on my father s side have all died from cancer . Two cases of melanoma and one of colon cancer. Could the bruising be a result of my sore throat? Or should I be seeing a doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012