Bruises on lower forearm, small knot, swelling, bruise behind thigh. Due to anemia?

My question is I have had two bruises on my lower forearm , a few inches above my wrists. They were small in size, with a light bruising, the one on my right arm has went away but I can still feel a small knot where it was swollen....on my left arm the bruise is still there and only hurts when I touch it. Also, I have a rectangular shaped purple bruise on the back of my left thigh, I was was told by friends I may be anemic and that could be the cause, what do you think?
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012