Bruised swollen ankle, knot between ankle and shin. Not getting better. Why?

About a week ago I was playing softball and was hit by the pitcher just to the right of my ankle on the inner part of my leg. It doesn t hurt to walk on and it only bruised a little. I was unable to ice it much but it hardly swelled in the first place. There s a knot in between my ankle and shin where I was hit. A few nights ago my sister closed the same ankle in the car door and it swelled slightly and bruised just a smidge. The knot s not going away and after the car door accident, it s gotten larger. Any idea what it might be?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013