Bruised ribs. X-ray showed no breaks. Popping feeling. Pain near ribs. Healing process?

I bruised my ribs while participating in a rodeo event. That was four weeks ago. I went to the ER right after. They did X-rays and told me they saw no cracks or breaks but becase I was experiecing a popping feeling that I may have torn some cartilage. At this time, it feels as though it has almost healed. I went from barely being able to move to functioning normal for the most part. However, just today I have experienced a periodic mild aching from the side of my rib. Is this more of the healing process? Should I be concerned? And is there a chance of blood clots in the lungs from this injury?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013