Bruised leg after falling off truck, fluid filled lump right below the knee, drained itself. Should it heal by itself ?

My husband fell off of his work truck several weeks ago and hit the entire length of this leg down the edge of his truck. He bruised pretty badly, but never had joint pain. For a while he had a fluid filled lump right below his knee on the inside of his leg. The fluid is almost gone now, but he has a large lump on his leg in that location. The bruise faded a week after it happened. Should he just let it continue to heal or seek medical attention?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013