Bruise on the elbow after a fall. Limited mobility. Need medical attention?

ok so i slipped on the ice 2 days ago and hit my elbow . it doesnt hurt but i really cant use it completley normal and i do have a large bruise about the size of a lemon. like i said it doesnt hurt but mobility is slightly limited and the muscles feel kind if sore/throbbing and useless. im wondering if i should get it checked out but id prefer not to go to the doctor unless i really need to. its not really swollen and ive been icing it on and off but it still feels tight like it would be swollen but even though its not.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
You need to get an X-ray of the area done to detect any such injury. An MRI scan is recommended to find out a soft tissue abnormality or a tendon injury.
make elbow fixation by elastic bandage
take pain killer medication like ibuprophen
after that take physical therapy sessions for elbow
ice pack if there is swelling or hot pack
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
Warm Regards