Broken wrist, weak arm, cast weight a lot. How much longer do I have to have the cast on?

I broke my wrist on October19, it is now December 8 and I still have the cast on. I went to the hospital the same day 10/19 and they put a temporary thing on my wrist until I was able to be seen by an Orthopdic. The Orthopedic saw me on 10/22 and put a cast on my wrist. They told me that my first follow up was going to be in three weeks on 11/12. I went for the follow up appointment as scheduled and the doctor told me that I needed to have emergency surgery the next day as the fracture had moved. I had the surgery on 11/13, the fracture was put back in place and I left with a new cast. It has been 7 weeks since they put the cast the first time on 10/22 and 4 weeks since the surgery on 11/13. I do not have big bones. My arm is getting weaker and the cast weights a lot. How much longer do I have to have the cast on?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012