Broken ribs, right lung filled with blood after accident. Discoloration in hip area. Internal bleeding?

My boyfriend had a motorcycle accident a week ago Sunday on tues I dragged him to dr he was found to have five broken ribs and third of his right lung filled with blood . Trauma surgeon decided not to drain secondary to clotting issues? He said to come back in a week. Yesterday I noticed large area of bruising discoloration more towards lateral hip area below ribs could this be more internal bleeding or just late bruising c
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013