Broken hip bone and joint, recurring pus formation in wound due to high sugar levels. Advised surgery. Suggestion?

Hello Doc, My uncle had an accident. He broke his hip bone and a joint panel was fixed through surgery. His sugar went high and pus started coming out of wound. Then again surgery was done and now again the pus formation is there and the docs are saying again surgery to be done. Is it surgery or they clean the wound. The age of my uncle is 73. Can he stand it third time anesthesia and pain. Please reply.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern, the underlying cause of repeated formation of pus has to be found out, looking to age of patient the possibility of Diabetes is likely, if the wound is became septic then debridement has to be done there no other option beside this, second pus need be sent for culture and sensitivity, hope this information helps you have a good day.