Broke thumb. Had pins, cast. Soreness, pain during movement after removal of cast. Normal?

Hi, 5.6 months ago I broke my thumb below the second joint . I had two temporary pins put in and was in a cast for six weeks (it was a clean uncomplicateed break, not twisty or fragmented). The pins were removed 4.4 months ago. I seem to have restored all of its original strength but it is still very, very sore esp if I make a movement that has the thumb stretching towards my pinky and pointing downwards toward my palm. That is roughly the same movement that broke it (I fell while bike riding and the hand got caught between the ground and the handlebar). Is pain this long after having the pins removed normal? How long can I expect it to last if so. Many thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Feb 2016
Hi. The pain looks to be due to inflamed joint. Give some rest if possible. Apply a crepe bandage in a fashion as if you are holding a glass ( to support the joint) . Have hot water dip with lots of common salt added to the water. Your problem will be reduced or solved within 3 weeks. Come back to us after 3 weeks to give us the report.