Broke lower tibia, no surgery as no dislocation but hear sounds on movement. Will X-ray help?

Hi, I am 29 years old and I broke the lower part of my tibia 42 days ago. I have been in a long leg last since then. No surgery was done because my doctor said that the bones are not dislocated and they look very stable. However, when I move my body, sometimes I hear a weird sound like rubbing coming from either my up leg or my broken bones. I am not 100% sure. I am wondering if it is normal to hear rubbing sounds after 7 weeks from the broken part. It makes me feel like I am not healing at all. My second question is, am I going to see any advancement in the xray after 47 day?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013