Broke ankle. Pain in foot. Soft tissue damage. Problem?

I fell and broke my ankle a year ago. My foot does not feel right when I walk and there is pain. My doctor thinks I may have soft tissue damage. What do you think? The xrays show that the bone is healed.
Fall desription: coming out of a holiday trailor, stepped down with left foot on trailor step, then stepped down on ground with right foot - after lifting left foot. Twisted foot n fell will all my weight on left foot, heard a distinct crack.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Hi, thank you for your question.

I think itis ligament injury in your ankle, which can give you instability on walking and also discomfort.

other option is early arthritis changes due to the fracture.

kind regards