Breathing difficulty, severe head and stomach aches after taking a few drinks. Cause?

27yr old male 5 11 200lbs......scared me last night i ate had a few drinks went to bed woke up reached over took a drink of water laid back down...and 5 mins later i had to sit up because i was gasping for air ...i couldnt breath!!! finally got air started breathing normal but then had a bad headache for about 1hr before it went away...never happened before but i do get lots of stomach and headaches???? whats wrong???
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
I guess you were drunk when you had water and you could have aspirated it. That could have led to your gasping for breath. No oxygen to the brain can then lead to headache.
Now its a rare possibility but still it seems likely in your case. You dont need to worry if you are fine now. Otherwise it would be wise to get an MRI scan of the brain.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.