Born with grade 2 heart murmur. Recent heart tests showed thickening. Should I be concerned?

hi my name is angel byrd im 19 and i went to a heart dr on the 7th of this month he said his coligue found a slight thickning i didnt catch if it was on the wall of my heart or on thickning of a valve of my heart i lost my grandmother from a thickning on the aorta valve when i was 17 i was born with a grade 2 heart mur mur should i be conserned ? he said there was nothing to be worried about and to follow up with him in a year and get a cat scan and run a tread meal can you explain this to me please?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013