Bone piece fell out from nose. Able to breathe better. What is happening?

I was in the shower I felt something strange in my nose iv had a little cold for days I got out of shower and pulled this out and it look like a small piece of bone since this fell out my nose when I breath in and out is more sensitive feels strange !! Like I'm getting more air and can breath better !!! What just happen to me ???
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hi dear,
by the history you have provided, it seems you probably had developed a rhinolith ( it is composed of calcium salts so may feel like bone) following the attack of cold which was blocking your nose for some time.
if it got extruded completely, then there is no further treatment needed .
but if a part of it is retained, it may become syptomatic again.
this can be checked by a simple nasal endoscopy and /or x ray.

all the best and god bless.