Blue bruise, swelling, pain at the fifth metatarsal. See the doctor immediately?

my 13 year old daughter came home on wednesday with dark blue bruising swelling and pain at her fifth metatarsal, she doesnt recall doing anything to injure it, the next day after school the bruising cleared up a little and she said it hurt for about an hour then felt numb for the rest of the day, she has an appt to see her dr on the 21st, I am wondering if this is something that can wait until she sees her dr or should i take her to urgent care for xrays?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013