Blood work shows fluctuating creatinine levels, concluded CKD stage 3. On diabetic and high BP medicines. Why is it ?

Hi, my father s regular blood work 2 weeks ago shows creatinine level of 1.2. Three days ago, when he had low BP , he was admitted to hospital and the creatinine level was 2.2. The doctors had concluded he has CKD Stage 3. While taking the medicines suggested by the doctors, we did a cross check with another lab and the creatinine level was 1.3. Ultrasound scan shows kidney to be normal with about 9 CM size. He has been taking medicine for diabetes and high BP for 15 years. He is 82 years old male. Is there a possibility for creatinine to shoot up temporarily from 1.2 to 2.2 and then come down to 1.3 all within 1 week of time for whatever reasons ?.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013