Blood readings varing, unwell, blood stains in shorts. Taking glucophage, insulin injections for diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol medicine

II am a 45 male very overweight. I have diabetes for 7 years now. I am on insulin injections morning and night. I also take Glucophage 1000 twice a day. I am also on various drugs for blood pressure and cholesterol and so on. I have felt unwell for about a week now so I checked my bloods and got reading s ranging from 16 to 22.5. However, I went to the Gym today and when I checked my blood afterwards I was 4.5. Once I had something to eat it returned to 12. I have felt very tired, no energy, and my eyes have been quite blurred.
When was going to take a shower in the gym I noticed bright red blood stains in my shorts. I am wondering what could be the cause of this.
Thank you
I am using my wifes email address.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013