Blood in urine of child, pain, discharge of substance. What is it?

My son 3 and half year was urinating first in the morning.I saw 2 drop of red colour like blood mixed drop coming at the end of the urination .Next urination he complained about a light pain.And also I saw a substance skipped out from his pipe.and again two drop of red colour.afterwards no sign of colour but a normal urination.kindly reply
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012

Its better that you have his urine checked - microcopy and culture.

Microscopy will give clues about the presence of infection and culture will confirm it. Based on the culture reports your doctor will prescribe antibiotics.

Certain infections can present with blood in urine. Other cause may be stones- which is not common in this age group.

Give him plenty of water, juices till then. Cranberry juice will be of much help to him.
Hope my answer helps you.
Wish your son good health.