Blood in urine, lower back pain, have diabetes. How did I get kidney infection?

My sister called and told me she was peeing blood she went to the hospital and they sent her home with antibiotics she was given morphine for the pain in her lower back plus shes a diabetic that has been doing quite well and with weight loss however I want to know how did she get a kidney infection? She said she had UTI s frequently about 2 months ago. My question is other than from e. coli how could she get a kidney infection?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012